We Can Help with Dry Mouth
Dry mouth is a condition in which there is not enough saliva in the mouth. Most people experience dry mouth from time to time, but having dry most or all of the time can cause serious health issues. If you have dry mouth, you may have a hard time chewing, swallowing, speaking, or tasting. Since saliva is a key component in cleaning the mouth, dry mouth can increase the chance of cavities and other oral issues.
If you experience any of the following symptoms, contact us to see if treatment for dry mouth in Frisco, Texas, is right for you:
– A dry or sticky feeling in the mouth
– A burning sensation in the mouth
– A dry throat or tongue
– Cracked lips
– Mouth sores
– Infection in the mouth
Dry mouth occurs when the saliva glands in the mouth are not working properly. Some reasons why the glands may not work include:
– Some medications cause the reduction of saliva flow
– Some diseases, including Sjogren’s Syndrome, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, and Parkinson’s disease
– Radiation cancer treatments
– Chemotherapy cancer treatments
If you would like to learn more about dry mouth, we encourage you to contact Luminous Dental Studio at 469-731-5700 today. Our dentists, Dr. Kim and Dr. Chang, are happy to help you overcome dry mouth.