Night Guards Help Bruxism
Do you struggle to sleep? Do you wake up after a night’s rest and still feel tired? If so, you could be suffering from bruxism. Bruxism is a condition that is commonly linked to stress and can be treated to protect your teeth from damage as you sleep by using a night guard.
Our dentists, Dr. Kim and Dr. Chang with Luminous Dental Studio in Frisco, Texas, treats bruxism and is happy to share information with you on how to recognize signs or symptoms of bruxism, so you know when to get help.
Here are some signs and symptoms of bruxism:
- Bruxism can lead to cheek tissue damage by inadvertently chewing through your cheek tissues at night.
- Bruxism can produce dull headaches originally in your temples or earaches that originated outside of your ear.
- If you experience tight jaw muscles, joint pain in your jaw, face pain, or any head or neck pain, it could be the result of bruxism.
- Worn tooth enamel or teeth that look extremely worn down or chipped with no reasonable explanations could be the result of bruxism damage.
- Bruxism often damages teeth by grinding down the enamel until noticeable damage is present.
- If you have strange markings on your tongue, it could be a sign of bruxism.
As you can see, there are many reasons to seek treatment for treating bruxism. Your oral health is important, and by treating this condition, you could protect your oral health and help reduce any pain in your jaw. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like help with your bruxism, please call us today at 469-731-5700 to make an appointment. Our dental team looks forward to helping you.